OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
The Portage Public Library serves and supports the community through open access to resources, partnerships, and technology.
OUR VISION STATEMENT:
The Portage Public Library aspires to be community's social and learning hub, improving the quality of life for everyone.
(You can call the library at 608-742-4959. To reach specific department heads, please use the extensions listed below.)
Library Director - Debbie
Ext. 209, dbird [at] portagelibrary.us
• Library administration; current operating hours and procedures, library policy, library management. All other inquiries unless otherwise noted.
Circulation Services Supervisor - Autumn
Ext. 204, autumn [at] portagelibrary.us
• All circulation services: overdue fees, checkout periods, holds, lost/damaged items, Outer Library Loans.
Children's Services Librarian - Ann
Ext. 210, avickman [at] portagelibrary.us
• Children & teen collection materials, children/teen program administration, school outreach.
Library Assistant: Children's Services - Angie
Ext. 211 (Children's desk), angie [at] portagelibrary.us
• Children's services information & support.
Events & Programming Coordinator - Patti
Ext. 205, pfichter [at] portagelibrary.us
• Teen and adult programs, presentation/program inquiries, community room bookings.
Library Assistant: Technical Services - Jennifer
jennifer [at] portagelibrary.us
• Processing and cataloging of adult collection materials. For inquiries regarding selection of materials, contact Adult Services Librarian.
Library Assistant: Public Services - Gloria
Ext. 206, gloria [at] portagelibrary.us
• Book clubs, adult services outreach/collaborations, memorial book purchasing, library displays.
Portage Public Library is located at 253 West Edgewater Street in Portage, Wisconsin.
When the library is closed, please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message. Library staff will return your call as soon as possible.
Member of the South Central Library System
Portage Public Library is a member of the South Central Library System (SCLS), a consortium of public libraries in a seven county area. SCLS offers a shared online catalog (LINKcat), delivery of books and media, and reciprocal borrowing privileges among libraries.